Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 9-10

Today I got to meet with the two leaders of an up and coming group called tumaini. Sam and Simon are organizing a project to get street kids away from glue and other drugs and get them back on their feet. When I come back to eldoret in June they will be the main group I work with. Kelly helped to organize them a couple of months ago. They reinforced what I had suspected in telling me how difficult working with street kids is going to be. They are volitile and tricky to work with. I will be attempting to teach these kids vocational skills and proposing some edgy projects with them.

As of now, Sam and Simon are still looking for a space and they have no tools. But they have found a group of about 12 kids that are willing and excited by the opportunity. Sam and Simon are also really happy to have me and they think that if anyone can connect with these kids, it's me. Let's hope their right.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment