Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 0

My pack is lying on top of two big bags full of donations. it's pretty full. inside I've got everything that I think I need for three months in a third world country. I've done this sort of thing before, but it's always hard to know. The truth is, not much in a pack is going to aid me in the endeavor I'm about to begin, training over 200 people in ten weeks. Luckily, my mind is packed. I've got lots of ideas jumbled around in there. Hopefully there are a hand full of decent ones that can do some good. Because tomorrow I leave for Kenya to begin my position as an International Product Development Trainer. I'm going to be away from all of my friends and family for much longer than I ever have before. But that is when you learn and that is when you grow. I can't say that I'm not scared, but knowing all the people that are behind me makes this much easier.

-cheers

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bud,
    We're anxiously awaiting every word you post. Please know that there is much love and prayer backing you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited (and a lot jealous) that you are embarking on this great adventure. We love you and can't wait to hear about all your Kenya adventures.
    Have fun and try to to worry Mom and Dad too much.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete